Monday, June 7, 2010

Self-introduction

Hello people, thank you for dropping by. Here, I include a short introduction about myself. I am Catherine Chew and turning twenty-three this year. I was born in Sabah but bred in Johor. I am the only child and live with my parents. Being the only child in my family, I am blessed with proper care and love. Although there are many advantages to be the only child but that does not mean I am free to do anything, there are restrictions as well. I could converse in English, Mandarin, Malay and Hokkien. As I came from a Chinese background family, hence I communicate mostly in Mandarin.

Some people would think those who are born as the only child can be introvert as they are mostly alone without any sibling to communicate with but in my case I am an extrovert I would say. I admit that I cannot stand loneliness or being alone without friends. I will get depressed if I am closed up all by myself at home. Therefore I always meet up with friends and hanging out with them. I like to chat and share our thoughts and feelings with each other. Moreover, I am more than happy to lend my listening ears to my peers when they need someone to talk to.

Currently, I am studying in Segi College Kota Damansara. I am majoring in Communication under the American Degree Program. The reason I have chosen Communication is because I hope to be an editor or journalist in future. I know it is tough to pursue my dream but I will try my best. I do not want to disappoint my parents and other family members because they have high expectation of me. Not only that, I hope to become a more responsible, confident, hardworking, thoughtful and successful person.

Here ends the part of introducing myself. I would come up with more posts sooner or later. I hope I could entertain all of you with my write-up and do leave comments if you wish as I would be happy to read them. Thank you.

13 comments:

  1. This is really quick! Looks like the editorial line is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward your future post.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy are those who dream dreams and make them come true. All the best from the lot in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my dear friend.
    So glad that I could read your story here.
    I would waiting for your further and more posts soon ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya, I agree that you can't stand loneliness! And by the way, the more appropriate description to you is TALKATIVE instead of EXTROVERT!..haha..And should your editorial writings be so formal? I mean, if its not necessary, try to be more 'friendly' in your writing. I just don't know how to describe, but I felt like you are very 'serious' in introducing yourself. haha...Its just my opinion. Overall, its a good self-intro!..keep it up sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey cat...good piece...i hope u can achieve those dream as i oso do acheive them myself. =) wish u all d best n cnt wait fr ur nx post ya.

    shirleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody for supporting ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. hei..dear...i would like to know more about you n your everthing...cant wait for u next blog...
    ki

    ReplyDelete
  9. " I hope to become a more responsible, confident, hardworking, thoughtful and successful person."
    I like this sentence and I believe you can do that. KEEP IT UP!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW CAt!!! U can write for magazines! I definitely would recommend CLEO to take u in! ;>

    KEEP it UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. heng: too serious huh??oklar, will be more casual...thx brother
    sheng: thx 4 believing:)
    datin azirah: wah...CLEO man..thx alot datin for recommending me..so nx time if i cant find job, please help me ya;)

    ReplyDelete